Sunday 19 February 2012

The Darkness II Art Dump

Here are a few examples of art on "The Darkness II" that I had worked on. I'm very proud of the game, as the art team strived to convey a graphic novel art style and I feel that we achieved what we intiallly set out to do.

In the textures shown below; credit goes to Evan Yovanovich & Andrea Lehnen for the visual style of the game: painterly texture pass and line/crosshatch work. They were solely responsible for the hand done illustrative line drawn look for the entire games texture set. Combined with the rest of the teams texture work the additional hand painted/hatch pass gave the Darkness II a very unique comic book or "Graphic Noir" visual.































































Blog Archive

Some info

My photo
I'm founder of Hardmode Games. As a Senior 3D Artist with 10 years of games industry experience: my last project was Far Cry Primal. Previously I have worked on Halo 4 for DE alongside 343 Industries, Red Dead Redemption and Bully at Rockstar Games. I taught 3D Character Animation and Environment Art for Games at Qantm College (London, UK campus). http://www.linkedin.com/in/anthonyrjoseph